Jerry Browning

Wednesday, January 23, 2019



He who begins a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6)

When I was a child, I enjoyed connect-the-dots activity books. I’d start with a page full of numbered dots. Placing the point of my pencil on the first dot, I would draw a line to the second dot, then the third, and so forth. Soon a picture would emerge–a candle, a flower, a horse, a house, etc. What had looked like a page of scattered, unrelated dots had turned into a picture of a recognizable object.

At times, my life seems like a scattering of unrelated events and circumstances. When I consider each one individually, disregarding the others and forgetting that God has my world in hand, these experiences remain chaotic mysteries.

But as I grow to know God’s ways better, I am able to see my life from God’s perspective and a recognizable picture emerges. The mix of disorderly, scattered dots becomes a crystal clear blueprint for my life. The lines connecting the dots serve specific purposes, defining the outer and inner curves of what God is creating my life to be.

Most Holy Creator God, help us to follow as You lead us from “dot to dot” in the creation of our daily lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment