Jerry Browning

Thursday, January 17, 2019

January 17, 2019


And God saw everything the He had made and behold, it was very good... Genesis 1:31

While I don't consider myself to have a green thumb or an expert on gardening, I do enjoy my small planter and border flower gardens. I try to keep them free of weeds and watered according to the needs I read about on how to maintain them. It occurred to me one day as I saw the beginnings of some blooms on the angelonia I had planted that I was given a gift of watching God in the creating process.

I have, for most of my life, thanked God for the things He has created such as the universe, the earth and it's plants and animals, always in a past, finished mentality. Now, as I watched my plants blooming, I realized that God is still creating.

I am finding new blessings when I see a colorful sunset in the west, a falling star, a lunar eclipse, a healing within a troubled family, a new start resulting from forgiveness, a new life springing from recovery from an addiction, a multitude of blessings around me as His creation continues. I also realize that each of us has been given a gift to be a part of that creative effort in our ability to make music, poetry, paintings and sculptures, not to mention new life in those we witness to and share our God and what He has done in our lives And as God spoke in Genesis, “It is very good!”


No comments:

Post a Comment