Jerry Browning

Saturday, February 9, 2019


Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat or what ye shall drink; nor for your body, what ye shall wear. (Matthew 6: 25)

A high school senior went to his father in January of the year he was to graduate. “Dad,” he said. “for graduation, I think I deserve a new car.”
His father thought a minute and replied, “Son, I’ll get you that new car, but first you must do three things—bring your grades up, read the Bible more and get a haircut.”

In May, just before graduation, the son went to his father and asked, “How am I doing? Am I going to get a new car for graduation?”

Son, you’ve brought your grade average up from a ‘C’ to an ‘A.’ That’s great,” answered his father. “I’ve also noticed that you’ve been studying the Scriptures every day before school. That’s wonderful. But you still haven’t gotten a haircut.”

But, Dad,” the son argued, “while studying the Bible, I’ve noticed that Moses is always depicted as having long hair. Even Jesus had long hair.”

At that, the father replied, “Son, you must remember this. Jesus and Moses walked everywhere they went, and so will you if you don’t get a haircut.”

Holy Creator, there are times that we use our own logic to try Your patience with us. Lead us in truth and with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment