I
will remember the works of the Lord; surely I will remember Your
wonders of old. I will meditate also of all Your works, and talk of
Your doings. (Psalm 77:11,12)
For
many decades Grandpa had been stubborn and crabby. His wife, the
children and the grandchildren seemed to be able to do nothing that
would please him. As far as he was concerned, life was filled with
nothing but bad times and major problems. Eventually, his family
expected only a gruff growl from the aging patriarch.
Then
overnight, Grandpa changed. Gentleness and optimism marked his new
personality. Positive words and compliments poured from his lips.
He could even be heard giving joyful praise to the Lord. One of the
family members noted, “I think maybe Grandpa has found religion.”
Another replied. “Maybe so, but it might be something else. I’m
going to ask him what happened.” The young man went to his
grandfather and asked, “Gramps, what has caused this change so
suddenly?”
“Well,
son,” the old man replied, “I’ve been striving in the face of
incredible problems all my life–and what for? The hope of a
contented mind. It’s done no good, nope, not one bit...I’ve
decided to be content without it.”
Never
start counting your troubles until you’ve counted at least a
hundred of your blessings. By that time, you probably won’t even
think you have any troubles.
God
of mercy, thank You for the blessings that remind us You are always
near. We pray that they overwhelm our troubles so that we might give
You praise.
I like this! Reminds me of Ron at times. I have to keep reminding him of all our blessings! Love to you!💓
ReplyDelete