Jerry Browning

Sunday, March 3, 2019


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. (Psalm 23: 4)

A woman from Illinois writes the following:
I had been alone for several years and had come to depend on my brother. Whenever I had a problem, he was there to help me out. Not only did I love my brother, but he was the source of security for me. Then, after a routine doctor’s visit, my brother announced that he was terminally ill. I was shattered.

As the months went by, I marveled at how well my brother coped with his situation. I knew he was in pain, but he never complained. Instead of being depressed, he prayed. He was secure in his faith and in his walk with Christ. He looked at death as the beginning of a new life with Christ and another exciting journey in his Christian walk.

Watching God prepare my brother for his new life inspired and comforted me. God used my brother and his illness to strengthen me, to draw me close, and to enrich my relationship with Jesus Christ.

Most Holy Creator, thank You for the strength to endure our daily trials and thank You for the loved ones around us that teach us of You!

No comments:

Post a Comment