The
Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in
spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
A
small crippled boy was hurrying to catch a commuter train. Carrying
some packages under his arm, he was experiencing some difficulty
maneuvering his crutches at the same time. As the busy people rushed
by him, someone accidentally bumped him causing the brightly colored
packages to scatter in all directions. The man who had caused the
accident stopped only long enough to scold the youth for being so
clumsy and getting in his way.
Another
gentleman, seeing the boy’s distress, went to his aid. He quickly
gathered the packages and then slipped a dollar bill into the boy’s
pocket. “I’m sorry, son,” he said. “I hope this makes up for
all your trouble.” Then he turned and continued on his way.
With
tears in his eyes and a broad smile, the boy called after him.
“Sir,” he shouted. “Sir, please, sir - are you Jesus?”
The
man stopped and turned. “No,” he said smiling, “but I’m one
of His followers.”
We
need to humble ourselves at times and remind ourselves that there are
“Jesus people” all around us, those who encourage and uplift us.
And we need to remember that Jesus left us an example of how we need
to reach out to others.
God
of Love, thank You for the “Jesus people” who cross my path each
day, especially those who accept me just as You made me. Oh, and
God, may I learn to be a “Jesus person” too!
No comments:
Post a Comment