Jerry Browning

Saturday, May 4, 2019


Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger. (Ephesians 4:26)

Anger is one of my biggest obstacles to overcome. After digging deep down in my soul, I can usually discover the pain that is causing my anger. Then I work to forgive the source of the pain and take that pain to God in prayer. When I leave it with God, I can feel forgiveness and acceptance. That doesn’t mean that the pain and anger won’t come back. If they do, I feel guilty, unchristian–like a failure. I begin to sink into depression–the “frozen rage” that is my anger turned inward upon myself.

My doctor says that anger is an energy. We cannot simply ignore it. We must channel the energy in a positive direction, or it becomes destructive. With God’s help, this energy can become power that gives us passion for life. We can make it work for us and not against us.

Anger is a natural emotion that all humans experience. Even Jesus felt anger, but he did not use it to destroy others. He used all the energy of his life to bring the redeeming message of God’s love to us. We can ask ourselves, “How am I going to use my energy for God?” Then even anger can propel us in the direction God wants us to go.

Ever-loving God, help me to forgive but not to stop there. Help me to use all my energy to serve You and my neighbor!

1 comment:

  1. I will remember this about anger! I need to shift the energy to something positive. I don't get as angry as I onced did. Thank God!😊 .Love to you!💓

    ReplyDelete